New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
· Windows 8: Important Considerations for Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery
Los Angeles - Computer Forensics / eDiscovery - IMMEDIATE
Los Angeles (Immediate Opening)
At Duff & Phelps, we stand for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That's where YOU come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.
Our Dispute Consulting team of professionals consists of expert testifiers and consultants who bring an independent point of view, deep financial expertise and the know-how to turn complex issues into clear persuasive testimony for legal counsel and their clients. Services include intellectual property disputes, commercial and shareholder disputes, fraud, forensic and investigative services, M&A purchase price disputes and arbitration, business insurance consulting, bankruptcy litigation, merger trustee services and tax litigation.
Join our team and together we'll power the sound decisions that enhance value - yours and ours.
The Senior Associate Technologist will be responsible for assisting with the hands-on execution of investigative, forensic and eDiscovery data processing and analysis projects for our litigation/legal industry clients. Our projects often involve high stakes litigation, cybercrime investigations, trade secret theft and a range of other technology and data disputes. Multi-tasking and unstructured problem solving is essential. The projects are primarily managed by Managing Directors or Project Mangers, but the team collaborates on problem solving techniques and engagement protocols.
· Assisting with electronic discovery projects as well as performing forensic investigations using industry standard litigation support software tools and protocols.
· Responsible for performing forensic and e-discovery data collection and analysis of digital information using standard computer forensics and evidence handling techniques, apply computer forensic and electronic discovery skills, hardware and software knowledge, and data analysis to satisfy client needs
· Solid writing skills mandatory
· Assisting with projects involving the collection, review, analysis and preservation of electronic data and evidence and ensure projects are on time and within budget
· Reviewing internal and external communications, including client proposals and expert reports
· Contributing to the growth of the practice through new business development
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Statistics; or an MBA or JD OR Equivalent years of work experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience in the Computer Forensics / eDiscovery / Information Technology / Law Enforcement or Legal Industry.
· Proficient in TCP/IP, LAN support and systems, computer hardware, internet technologies including HTML, Web Servers, VOIP, Search Technologies and Log File Management. Familiarity with IDS, CMS, Firewall Configs and other internal network management systems
· Experience with DOS, Windows (all versions), Macintosh, AS/400, Linux/UNIX, MS-SQL, MS-Access, MS-Exchange, Lotus Notes, Groupwise and other operating systems and applications
· Experience with Guidance Software EnCase, Access Data FTK, Robocopy, Helix and / or other Forensic Software / Hardware applications
· Experience with Legal Technologies and document management, hosting, review and production in such environments as: Summation, Concordance, Relativity etc.
· Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative skills
· Experience in Law Enforcement or professional investigations
· Demonstrated experience in computer forensics, electronic discovery, technical investigations and/or information security
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability.
Duff & Phelps – Powering Sound Decisions.
Please feel free to contact me for more information.
erik.laykin @ duffandphelps.com
Duff and Phelps, LLC