New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 9
· Geo-tagging & Photo Tracking On iOS
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
Mobile Security Engineers/Hackers Wanted (in a good way)
Our primary focus is mobile security. Smartphones and tablets present unique security challenges as they are fully functional computers which are extremely mobile. They run complete operating systems and are wirelessly connected to the Internet and other networks via high speed connections. They also possess large amounts of storage and allow users to run sophisticated applications for personal or business use.
The mobile industry is relatively new, rapidly expanding and ever changing. New platforms and system updates are being rolled-out constantly. Additionally, applications are continually being developed for mobile devices as apps are the primary way to manage both consumer and corporate information. As a result, there is a tremendous need for highly specific and ever advancing security expertise. viaForensics leverages deep mobile expertise to assist companies and agencies protect critical information. Simultaneously, the same proficiency that makes us effective at securing data allows us to assist the law enforcement community with regards to data acquisition needs.
viaForensics is experiencing tremendous growth in both commercial and government markets. We work in a very exciting environment as the need for mobile security expertise is exploding and our expertise is highly sought after. As a result we are currently looking for a highly motivated, career oriented mobile security and forensics professionals to join the team.
The company was founded in 2009 and we have grown without outside investment. We are headquartered in the Chicago, IL area and have employees across the US as well as in the UK. Our current needs require individuals able to work from our headquarters or from the Washington D.C. area.
The successful candidates will work as part of a team in order to:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of data security related to applications.
- Forensically acquire data stored on mobile devices.
- Examine transmitted and stored data for personally identifiable information (PII) and/or mobile application artifacts.
- Present specific intelligence on the data risk profile of applications when in actual use.
- Utilize white hat hacking techniques and penetration testing to target mobile applications and test their security.
- Upon establishment of vulnerabilities, work to identify key strategies for remediation.
- Create technically sound and actionable reports for customers.
- Continuously monitor the state of the mobile security industry with an eye towards innovation.
- Work with R&D to assure continuous upgrades to existing offerings and the development of new cutting edge mobile security solutions.
- Communicate effectively with customers to make sure all concerns are addressed and projects are delivered flawlessly.
- Extensive IT security experience
- 2+ years of experience in mobile security and/or secure mobile development
- Government clearances a major plus
- Experience with some or all of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, Objective C, Ruby, PHP, Assembly
- Network, application and/or web pen testing experience a plus
- Reverse engineering, especially mobile, a plus
- Software development fundamentals (follow standards, proper design, source control)
- Strong communication skills and a high level of professionalism
- High integrity, no criminal history or drug use
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Applicable Certifications include: CISSP, CISM, CFIP, CEH, GCFA, CCE, OSCP and related
These are permanent, full-time roles. An attractive compensation plan is in place which includes base salary, bonus potential and full benefits.
Please send resumes to:
Sr. Director of Business Services
+1 (312) 878-1100