±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Physical dump of iPhone 4S?
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
I know there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people around the world working for various vendors all bashing away at the keyboards trying to figure it out.
RonS or any other vendors who have knowledge are you able to shed some light on the progress (or lack of)?
- Senior Member
my understanding is the vendors are bypassing the 4s physical dump in favour of trying to crack the 5. either way if theres any way to help let us know
i was curious if the brains trust has any ideas on non-forensic procedures of getting data of these devices (ive been tasked with trying to crack a new ipad in any way). most suggestions have been go to apple for the data, but has anyone had any success with jailbreaking any of the unsupported devices to get through a password or get back deleted data?
- Senior Member