±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 3
New Yesterday: 1
±Follow Forensic Focus
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
Email using hotmail
- BelkasoftErm... maybe I'm missing something important, but... why not just right-click on a message in their Hotmail account (right in the Web browser), then select "View message source", and then print out the output?
That's pretty much what I said. This doesn't need to be complicated if all your doing is gathering intel.
I doubt you could use anything as evidence under the circumstances described as you can't establish the provenance of the email ( could be a set up by the informant using a dummy account to frame somebody - just saying....).
- Senior Member