±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
· Forensics Europe Expo 2014 – Recap
· Windows Logon Password – Get Windows Logon Password using Wdigest in Memory Dump
· Windows Forensics and Security
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
· Safer Internet Day
±Follow Forensic Focus
Windows 8 Registry Tool
I am looking to develop a tool which extracts local registry information on a local machine as well as from post mortem registry key files.
I am new to programming but I could like to develop this tool in .net so please any sample code, tips or any kind of help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.
may be of help for "offline" Registry reading.
If you want to go "where no man went before" (almost ) there are ample spaces of developing in the "Registry as a filesystem" approach, which was abandoned in a very earlyl stage:
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member