±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 3
New Yesterday: 11
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
Windows 8 Registry Tool
I am looking to develop a tool which extracts local registry information on a local machine as well as from post mortem registry key files.
I am new to programming but I could like to develop this tool in .net so please any sample code, tips or any kind of help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.
may be of help for "offline" Registry reading.
If you want to go "where no man went before" (almost ) there are ample spaces of developing in the "Registry as a filesystem" approach, which was abandoned in a very earlyl stage:
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member