±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Windows 8 Registry Tool
I am looking to develop a tool which extracts local registry information on a local machine as well as from post mortem registry key files.
I am new to programming but I could like to develop this tool in .net so please any sample code, tips or any kind of help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.
may be of help for "offline" Registry reading.
If you want to go "where no man went before" (almost ) there are ample spaces of developing in the "Registry as a filesystem" approach, which was abandoned in a very earlyl stage:
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member