±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 6
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Accurate Time Zone Configuration in Encase 7 Forensic
I am trying to accurately configure a Windows-based evidence item in Encase 7 to reflect the appropriate time zone settings of the subject drive, according to the TimeZoneInformation sub-key of the SYSTEM hive registry file. I've reviewed numerous articles, such as wordpress.bladeforensi...time-zone, but am having trouble understanding them.
For example, my local machine is set to CST. How can I configure Encase to display the accurate time zone settings of the subject drive and not reflect my local time zone.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated!
hope it helps
- Senior Member