±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 5
New Yesterday: 4
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
· Safer Internet Day
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
ITS (Forensic Examiner) - 2 vacancies - Linthicum, MD, US
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Federal Bureau of Investigation
Job Announcement Number:18-2013-0042
Basic Education Requirement:
All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 semester hours in one or more of the following disciplines: computer science, information systems analysis, science/technology, information management, mathematics, computer engineering, or electrical/electronic engineering.
1. Applicant has had experience that demonstrates accomplishments of computer project assignments that require a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, assignments would show on the basis of general design criteria provided, experience in developing modifications to part of a system that require significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development.
2. Applicant has completed the following technical courses or equivalent: A+ Certification Personal Computer Hardware Course; Network + Certification, CCNA Certification, MCSE Certification; FBI Computer Analysis Response Team (CART) Certification.
In addition to meeting the basic education requirements,
GS 12: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, GS 11.
GS 13: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, GS 12.
Demonstrates the accomplishment of advanced information technology (IT) projects requiring complex and difficult forensic examination of computer, digital, and similar media and equipment using a wide range of knowledge of IT and evidentiary techniques resulting in the acquisition, examination, or/presentation of computer-related evidence for investigative purposes.
Demonstrate the ability to take on a lead role in complex assignments with significant responsibilities.
Follow the link to apply.
- Senior Member