±Forensic Focus Partners
|New Today: 2||Overall: 29206|
|New Yesterday: 5||Visitors: 51|
· SADFE 2015 – Malaga 30th September – 2nd October
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 2
· Windows 8 Touch Keyboard Forensics
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 1
· Linux Timestamps, Oh boy!
· Standard Processes in Windows 10
· NAS Forensics Explained
· Project Spartan Forensics
· FT Cyber Security Summit Europe – London 22nd September
ITS (Forensic Examiner) - Sacramento, CA, US
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Federal Bureau of Investigation
Job Announcement Number:SC-2013-0007
POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts or lists of college courses by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. Please see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement for additional information.
Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 semester hours in one or more of the following disciplines: computer science, information systems analysis, science/technology, information management, mathematics, computer engineering, or electrical/electronic engineering.
1. Applicant has had experience that demonstrates accomplishments of computer project assignments that require a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, assignments would show on the basis of general design criteria provided, experience in developing modifications to part of a system that require significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development.
2. Applicant has completed the following technical courses or equivalent: A+ Certification Personal Computer Hardware Course; Network + Certification, CCNA Certification, MCSE Certification; FBI Computer Analysis Response Team (CART) Field Examiner Certification Course.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE (SE)
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must demonstrate one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-05 or GS-07) respectively.
Such experience may include:
For the GS-07 level:
Using programming language codes
Operating IT consoles/monitors
Installing, maintaining, configuring, or optimizing operating systems, databases, or networks
For the GS-09 level:
Participating in computer-related forensic examinations
Determining hardware, software compatibilities
Performing data searches and retrievals
Ensuring chain-of-custody and storage of evidence
Examining and retrieving data from storage devices and protected media
See the above link for complete job information and to apply.
- Senior Member