Overall: 27505
Visitors: 93

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

WiebeTech Forensic Combodock V5 - good/bad?

Discussion of forensic workstations, write blockers, bridges, adapters, disk duplicators, storage etc. Strictly no advertising of commercial products, please.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: WiebeTech Forensic Combodock V5 - good/bad?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 pm

thats the nice thing about the combodock, it always resets to write blocked mode. =)

while its nice to have both in a dedicated field kit, i carry my combodock in my laptop bag so i always have access to a write blocker regardless of where i am

i just used my combodock in the field on thursday and it worked very well.  

EricZimmerman

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Personally I would choose the Wiebetech devices over Tableau. For many years we have used the Tableau devices and have been relatively happy with them. Since trying the ComboDock v5 and UltraDock v5 I have standardized on Wiebetech gear. They seem much faster than the T35s and like another poster said having the latest interfaces on one device is a nice feature. You can also add an encryption module to your UltraDock or ComboDock if you need extra security for evidence storage.

Just my $0.02

Best,

Tom  

gentekkresearch7

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:47 pm

I picked up the v5 just to get the USB3. Overall you're still limited by the disk inside your evidence or target disk, but it's good to know you've gotten rid of one bottleneck.

I have five of them. They've been solid for a year, and an onsite acquisition rendered two of them inoperable. None of my other hardware was affected, including the other three UltraDocks. Other than that they've been solid.  

pmow

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:44 am

- pmow
They've been solid for a year, and an onsite acquisition rendered two of them inoperable. None of my other hardware was affected, including the other three UltraDocks.

May I ask you (if you are allowed to, of course, and feel free to be as "generic" as you see fit in order to not reveal the case details) some more details of the accident?

Like what do you think may have been the cause, power source (and/or surges/spikes in it), the use (say) of a power generator instead of mains, the actual disks that were "botched" (as an example with either of the TVS diodes shorted), etc.?

jaclaz

jaclaz

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2