Visitors: 57

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

More active forensic forum?

Discussion of forensic workstations, write blockers, bridges, adapters, disk duplicators, storage etc. Strictly no advertising of commercial products, please.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

Re: More active forensic forum?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am

Anthony,

To be serious for one second, I believe all your posts are to the hardware forum (which is perfectly correct for those sorts of enquiries). However, if you're looking for a busier forum at this site, the general discussion forum is more active. If you're looking for alternative forums there's Digital Detective and Computer Forensics World (there may be many more, those are just two I'm aware of myself).

Cheers,

Jamie  

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 am

- adiamond

Is there perhaps a more active forum for forensics with more users?

With any such resource, you get out of it what you put into it...  

keydet89

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 am

- keydet89

OT, but not much, related experiments in physics Wink :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS1KXMsE2qk

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:03 pm

A sheriff came the other day to serve a Psychic who has an office down the street with papers that she was being evicted. She was irate, and I said, what, you couldn't see this coming, I don't need your services.

- jaclaz
A man goes to a clairvoyant's, he rings the bell on the door and from the inside comes a voice asking "Who's there?"...

jaclaz

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

armresl

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 pm

- jamie
Anthony,

To be serious for one second, I believe all your posts are to the hardware forum (which is perfectly correct for those sorts of enquiries). However, if you're looking for a busier forum at this site, the general discussion forum is more active. If you're looking for alternative forums there's Digital Detective and Computer Forensics World (there may be many more, those are just two I'm aware of myself).

Cheers,

Jamie

Thanks, Jamie.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,  

adiamond

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm

- keydet89
- adiamond

Is there perhaps a more active forum for forensics with more users?

I can't say I agree. Most of the eDiscovery forums that are very active have plenty of people willing to help people of all sorts including helping those who have not contributed much for any number of valid reasons. Your message is perhaps more a reflection of your own expectations?

I would hope to have a similar experience in the forensics forums... Surely, I will contribute when possible as well.

But, thanks for the reply.

Cheers,  

adiamond

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:57 pm

I do think the question is interesting
mainly because computerforensicsworld forum has ~1753 topics currently in its general forum.
digital detectives was down for maintenance
and forensic focus' general has 33000 posts

I'd say forensic focus was quite active in comparison, and the knowledge and discussion that comes out of here is fantastic.  

randomaccess

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 2 of 4
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next