±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
Work Placements - Digital Forensic Technicians, UK
Salary: £12,500 per annum
Start Date: June 2013
Duration: 15 Months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holiday Entitlement: 20 days per annum
CY4OR is a global services firm providing extensive knowledge and expertise in digital forensics and eDisclosure. With over ten years experience in handling client’s electronic data, our portfolio of clients reflects our excellent reputation. Today’s prevalence of electronic data demands a reliable proven solution. Whether dealing with a forensic investigation, disclosure for a regulatory case or commercial litigation, CY4OR will provide a leading edge service combined with a wealth of experience. CY4OR focuses on providing a quality and business aware approach to our clients in legal and professional firms, the private and public sectors, and regulatory and law enforcement agencies. Our diverse expertise enables us to give our clients the best possible advice across all services.
The positions are for ambitious undergraduates studying a Computer Forensics related degree with a keen interest in digital forensics and the intention of pursuing a career in this field.
We require several placement students to be based at the head office in Bury, Manchester and in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
CY4OR is looking for keen, enthusiastic, proactive students who have the ability and drive to learn quickly and contribute towards the continued growth and success of CY4OR.
Role of a Forensic Technician:
You will work in one of the main offices as a forensic technician. This role involves creating forensically sound acquisitions of computer based electronic evidence using specialist forensic software, such as EnCase and the Forensic Toolkit, in accordance with national guidelines for evidence recovery, preservation and presentation of computer evidence; this may require you to preserve evidence for fingerprints and DNA analysis. In addition to the above, you will be required to attend onsite locations and perform acquisitions. On some occasions, you will be required to assist forensic investigators with onsite investigations; processing the recovered data into a form suitable for investigators to examine for evidential content, ensuring all data is archived in accordance with SOP’s.
An important aspect of the forensic technician role is the control of evidence which involves managing incoming and outgoing evidence; receiving, recording and signing for computer evidence submitted for examination. It will also be the forensic technician’s responsibility to manage the secure evidence store, performing relevant security checks, ensuring continuity of all exhibits and maintaining integrity throughout.
You will be required to prepare Criminal Justice Act statements and exhibits to a standard suitable for use in criminal or civil court; you may be required to testify in court on results of seizure and handling of evidence; there is also the opportunity to research new areas of forensic computing and fully document your findings.
• Real life experience in the computer forensics industry.
• An excellent personal development plan.
• Opportunity to study and obtain CompTIA certification.
• Training in computer forensic related fields, expert witness testimony and the opportunity to attend other training events.
• Opportunity to attend computer forensic conferences.
• High level of computer hardware knowledge.
• High level understanding of a range of operating systems including Windows & UNIX platforms.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• An understanding of networking, network related hardware and network troubleshooting.
• Excellent team player and able to communicate with all levels of staff.
• Desire to keep up-to-date with all aspects of future computer technology.
• Good knowledge of forensic acquisition tools including but not limited to EnCase and the Forensic Toolkit and Linux forensic tools such as HELIX/DEFT/CAINE
• Exceptional level of understanding of a range of operating systems including all Windows operating systems, Apple operating systems and UNIX.
• Excellent working knowledge of networking, network hardware and network troubleshooting, which can be demonstrated through previous endeavours.
It is an essential requirement of your employment that you are able to obtain, within two months of the date on which your employment commences, and thereafter at all times, appropriate security clearance to a minimum of CTC level.
Closing Date: 31st January 2013
Please apply by email with CV and covering letter formatted as one PDF document to Keith Cottenden keith.cottenden @ cy4or.co.uk
IMPORTANT: Please use your university email account to apply; any applications not received in the specified format will be excluded.
I've just spotted your advert but the deadline has passed.
Is there an opportunity to apply anyway?
Best Intentions, Paul