Visitors: 56

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

TYREXcell Model M5P battery

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: TYREXcell Model M5P battery

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Either way, I have a phone that does not have a battery, and no one carries a replacement, or has a picture of it. Mr. Green

Next time I get one of these phones, I will sure to request to dig the battery fragments out too.  

jhup

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 am

- jhup
Either way, I have a phone that does not have a battery, and no one carries a replacement, or has a picture of it. Mr. Green

I provided you with a link (in the UK) that says it does carry a replacement, but anyway (and with all due respect) you have the specs, so you know that it is a Li-Ion 3.7 V 860 mA and it shouldn't be that difficult to trace the PCB to find which is the + and which is the -.

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 pm

The vendors although state that they have the battery, they do not. I called. Furthermore the phone documentation states 900mA, not 860.

I do know what are the terminals on the phone. There is a technical reason I need to know the look of the battery. There were modifications made to the terminals on the PCB, and depending on the size and position of the battery terminals, "things may change".  

jhup

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:18 am

- jhup
The vendors although state that they have the battery, they do not. I called. Furthermore the phone documentation states 900mA, not 860.

Sure, they must put a warning somewhere:
WARNING: This phone specs are for a 900 mA 3.7 V battery, don't try to be smart, if you connect to it a replacement 860 mA 3.7 V battery it will auto-destruct in 15 seconds.

Come on.... Rolling Eyes

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:39 pm

"No, the reason I soldered it that way is because I had to use a substitute battery; not because I ran the wires to trigger something else..."

Either way, I still need to see exact positions and size of the terminals.  

jhup

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 am

I just sent you the screenshot you wanted  

RonS

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:08 am

Thank you. That helped.  

jhup

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 2 of 2