±Forensic Focus Partners
|New Today: 1||Overall: 29233|
|New Yesterday: 11||Visitors: 164|
· SADFE 2015 – Malaga 30th September – 2nd October
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 2
· Windows 8 Touch Keyboard Forensics
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 1
· Linux Timestamps, Oh boy!
· Standard Processes in Windows 10
· NAS Forensics Explained
· Project Spartan Forensics
· FT Cyber Security Summit Europe – London 22nd September
WiebeTech Forensic Combodock V5 - good/bad?
while its nice to have both in a dedicated field kit, i carry my combodock in my laptop bag so i always have access to a write blocker regardless of where i am
i just used my combodock in the field on thursday and it worked very well.
- Senior Member
Just my $0.02
I have five of them. They've been solid for a year, and an onsite acquisition rendered two of them inoperable. None of my other hardware was affected, including the other three UltraDocks. Other than that they've been solid.
- pmowThey've been solid for a year, and an onsite acquisition rendered two of them inoperable. None of my other hardware was affected, including the other three UltraDocks.
May I ask you (if you are allowed to, of course, and feel free to be as "generic" as you see fit in order to not reveal the case details) some more details of the accident?
Like what do you think may have been the cause, power source (and/or surges/spikes in it), the use (say) of a power generator instead of mains, the actual disks that were "botched" (as an example with either of the TVS diodes shorted), etc.?
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member