±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
WiebeTech Forensic Combodock V5 - good/bad?
while its nice to have both in a dedicated field kit, i carry my combodock in my laptop bag so i always have access to a write blocker regardless of where i am
i just used my combodock in the field on thursday and it worked very well.
- Senior Member
Just my $0.02
I have five of them. They've been solid for a year, and an onsite acquisition rendered two of them inoperable. None of my other hardware was affected, including the other three UltraDocks. Other than that they've been solid.
- pmowThey've been solid for a year, and an onsite acquisition rendered two of them inoperable. None of my other hardware was affected, including the other three UltraDocks.
May I ask you (if you are allowed to, of course, and feel free to be as "generic" as you see fit in order to not reveal the case details) some more details of the accident?
Like what do you think may have been the cause, power source (and/or surges/spikes in it), the use (say) of a power generator instead of mains, the actual disks that were "botched" (as an example with either of the TVS diodes shorted), etc.?
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member