±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 8
±Follow Forensic Focus
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from iCloud
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
MSc from where?
I am thinking of doing a Master in either computer forensics or information security!!!!! I would like to know your opinions on the different Master degree courses available from the different institutes, any +ve and -ve points, quality of the course, employability on completion. Also how many of you out there have got or are working towards a Masters, where did/are you studying, what is/was the course title, rate course/university out of 10 (UK based only).
Thank you for your help.
- Senior Member
I chose it because it wasn't 'just' forensics, there were modules about Information Security, Network Security, Wireless Security etc that widened my horizons from what I do day to day, made me think outside of my box.
It's been a good process that I have enjoyed on the whole, I feel I have learned from it and that it has made me far more knowledgeable than just doing the 7Safe courses and going back to work.
I know there are those that feel that it is a bit basic, but I think that depends on your point of view - if you are a Network Security guy then maybe, but if you have no knowledge of Security and come from a Forensics background maybe it's useful, I have certainly found it so and just doing it has worked for me already, maybe depends on what you want to do in the future I guess.
Hope this helps, and if you need more information, PM me
- Senior Member
Since I begin my classes in the Fall, I don't have additional information to provide regarding the program. I am post updates here as I attend classes.