Visitors: 65

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

MSc from where?

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

MSc from where?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 am

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of doing a Master in either computer forensics or information security!!!!! I would like to know your opinions on the different Master degree courses available from the different institutes, any +ve and -ve points, quality of the course, employability on completion. Also how many of you out there have got or are working towards a Masters, where did/are you studying, what is/was the course title, rate course/university out of 10 (UK based only).

Thank you for your help.

Regards

MPF  

MobilePhoneForensic

Re: MSc from where?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:33 pm

I'm at the project stage of the MSc Computer Security and Forensics from Bedfordshire University, which is run in conjunction with 7Safe.

I chose it because it wasn't 'just' forensics, there were modules about Information Security, Network Security, Wireless Security etc that widened my horizons from what I do day to day, made me think outside of my box.

It's been a good process that I have enjoyed on the whole, I feel I have learned from it and that it has made me far more knowledgeable than just doing the 7Safe courses and going back to work.

I know there are those that feel that it is a bit basic, but I think that depends on your point of view - if you are a Network Security guy then maybe, but if you have no knowledge of Security and come from a Forensics background maybe it's useful, I have certainly found it so and just doing it has worked for me already, maybe depends on what you want to do in the future I guess.

Hope this helps, and if you need more information, PM me

Regards

Jon  

JonN

Re: MSc from where?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 am

I am currently beginning the MS in Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation at University of Maryland University College this Fall.

www.umuc.edu/grad/grad...s/dfci.cfm

Since I begin my classes in the Fall, I don't have additional information to provide regarding the program. I am post updates here as I attend classes.

Steve  

stevecody

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 1