Visitors: 59

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

iphone5 passcode bypass

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

iphone5 passcode bypass

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 am

Shocked
Our customer tell me there is a tools can get SMS bypass the passcode of iphone4S/5.but I had tried of UFED\XRY\MPE+\Oxygen\Mobiledit!All they can't do this.
Is there anyone knows what's tools\software can do this?  

Horking

Re: iphone5 passcode bypass

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:21 am

Nope
Heard a rumour that elcomsofts ios toolkit can do it. but it says to "jailbreak" your 4s, which i was under the impression wasnt possible.

otherwise if anyone knows how to reverse engineer the escrow keybags please let me know  

randomaccess

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 am

- Horking
8O
Our customer tell me there is a tools can get SMS bypass the passcode of iphone4S/5.but I had tried of UFED\XRY\MPE+\Oxygen\Mobiledit!All they can't do this.
Is there anyone knows what's tools\software can do this?

There isn't & good luck in attempting to retrieve such messages on a fully-fledged encrypted iPhone 4s/5. What tools are these your customer mentions?

The only way to unlock a handset lock on a iphone 4s or 5 is to submit it over to Apple. Join the cue- according to IACIS members, American law enforcement are experiencing backlogs with Apple.

Not physically on the exhibit itself, but in law enforcement, the 'tools' in which SMS messages are obtained is by way of inquiring with the telecommunications provider to provide stored communications. Different telcos keep their customers SMS messages for different periods of time. As for other bits of data sent over the network, eg-Viber messages, these play out as GPRS data packets. Hence why the Australian Government is currently seeking to introduce mandatory data retention & probably following suit to what the US has already got in place.  

Robbo747

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 am

- randomaccess
Nope
Heard a rumour that elcomsofts ios toolkit can do it. but it says to "jailbreak" your 4s, which i was under the impression wasnt possible.

otherwise if anyone knows how to reverse engineer the escrow keybags please let me know

I have heard that too, but I've never tried it. Elcomsofts other products do work very well, might be worth a little extra money to get it just in case.  

sgreene2991

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I don't have the latest iPhones at my fingertips, but isn't the emergency call trick (will be patched in 6.1.3) enough to access sms?  

C.R.S.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

- C.R.S.
I don't have the latest iPhones at my fingertips, but isn't the emergency call trick (will be patched in 6.1.3) enough to access sms?

if it's anything like the previous bug of the same nature then no.
if i recall all i could get in ios 4.1 was pictures, contact information and call logs. anything you can get to in the phone app  

randomaccess

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

- Robbo747

The only way to unlock a handset lock on a iphone 4s or 5 is to submit it over to Apple. Join the cue- according to IACIS members, American law enforcement are experiencing backlogs with Apple.

So there is some sort of back door?

Jonathan

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next