±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 6
New Yesterday: 4
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
· Safer Internet Day
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Computer Scientist - Chambersburg, PA, US
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Information Systems Agency
Job Announcement Number:url=https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/340096500]D-DISA-861221-13[/url]
- Provide Forensic Media Analysis support for Defense Information Systems Agency, (DISA) and DISA Computer Network Defense Service Providers Mission Partners, (CNDSP) by performing forensic analysis on computing assets using standard methodologies to identify and confirm compromises, infection vectors, and security violations from systems identified in standard incident reporting.
- Provide Volatile Data Analysis support for DISA and DISA CNDSP Mission Partners by performing initial triage of volatile data and log files collected from suspect systems to determine whether a compromise has occurred and to what extent further analysis should be required.
- Provide Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis support for DISA and DISA CNDSP Mission Partners by performing both basic and in-depth analysis of suspect/malicious files by using dynamic and static analysis techniques to understand the purpose, activity, and Computer Network Defense, (CND) indicators of malicious code.
- Provide Incident Response support for DISA and DISA CNDSP Mission Partners by deploying to DISA and CNDSP subscriber locations to provide rapid response and recovery actions for widespread or seemingly uncontainable intrusion activity as directed by the DISA Command Center.
- Provide Intrusion Assessment support for DISA and DISA CNDSP Mission Partners by deploying to DISA and CNDSP subscriber locations to identify previously unknown compromises, detect unauthorized activity, identify critical vulnerabilities, and support the enhancement of local Tier 3 Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense.
- Use the information obtained from the above missions to identify gaps and mitigations in existing Department of Defense Information Assurance protect, detect, and respond guidance and capabilities.
- Report findings to customers and senior leadership through both written and verbal communications.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: experience in: performing forensic intrusion analysis in a Windows environment; performing malware behavior analysis; writing code (in at least one) programming language. Operating system configuration and security fundamentals; networking configuration and technical communication through written reports and oral presentations.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
For more information and to apply please visit the link above.
- Senior Member