±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 7
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
±Follow Forensic Focus
Student Cooperative - Chicago, IL
Job Title:Student Cooperative
Agency:Office of the Inspector General, USPS
Job Announcement Number: 2013-36-868928-DB
SALARY RANGE: $13.00 to $17.00 / Per Hour
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, April 05, 2013 to Friday, April 19, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GG-0303-00
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time - Other Student
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy in the following location:
Chicago, IL United States
WHO MAY APPLY: United States Citizens
The USPS OIG is seeking students enrolled in college/university programs to fill our Student Cooperative position in the Great Lakes Area Field Office within the Office of Investigations, located in Chicago, IL. The Student Cooperative Program is available for continuous employment throughout the year, while in school.
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and/or the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant's ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit a complete application package by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, April 19, 2013 will be considered.
Must be a US Citizen
Must be able to pass a drug screening
Must be able to pass a background investigation
Must have the ability to work at least 10 hours per week
May require some travel
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon area of assignment. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
The employee performs specialized administrative duties with continuing responsibility for projects, questions, or problems that arise in the area of assignment/curriculum. Each assignment typically consists of a series of related actions or decisions prior to final completion.
- Addresses a wide variety of problems or situations common to the segment of the program or function to which the employee is assigned. Decisions or recommendations are based on the development and evaluation of information that comes from various sources.
- Identifies and studies factors or conditions and determines their interrelationships as appropriate to the defined area of work.
- Takes or recommends actions that are consistent with the objectives and requirements of the program or functions.
- Recognizes the dimensions of the problems involved, collects the necessary information, establishes the facts, and takes or recommends action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Performs various administrative and miscellaneous clerical work in support of area of assignment/curriculum.
For complete details and to apply please see the link in the announcement.
- Senior Member