±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 8
±Follow Forensic Focus
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from iCloud
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
Digital Forensic and e-Discovery Technician, UK
Typical duties include forensic collections, consultancy, research, training and investigative work, offering support for technical queries and troubleshooting, technical administration around both the processing and hosted solutions. On a daily basis the Digital Forensic and e-Discovery Technician will be involved in special projects administration including taking and allocating incoming work requests, providing client updates, managing email folders and other ad-hoc project requests of an administrative or technical nature.
• Self-organisation and meticulous attention to detail.
• Knowledge in the areas of digital forensics, scanning, coding, technology.
• Detailed product knowledge in the areas of digital forensics, electronic discovery processing and hosting platforms
• The ability to multi-task and deliver on multiple requests under pressurised time frames.
• The ability to to prioritise incoming requests from different areas (performs urgent, critical tasks or where there is a client impact in the appropriate order when the order of tasks is not directly instructed by a Supervisor or Manager).
• Technically ‘savvy’ with proven ability to use initiative and be creative
• Good knowledge of EnCase, FTK, Nuix, MS Office, Outlook/Exchange, Lotus Notes, Acrobat and other software used in providing digital forensic and litigation support services.
• Communication skills (written and oral) must be sufficient to be able to speak to and / or email clients and project managers in relation to questions, troubleshooting, assisting with queries or updates etc.
• Database skills including running queries, filtering and manipulation of data, importing and exporting data in various formats.
• Advanced client communication skills – i.e. proven ability to be the main point of contact on a project for instance on an off-site scanning project or to run in the ‘Project Management’ capacity smaller projects or special projects where the process is structured.
• Some scripting skills, most usefully Ruby, visual basic or database scripting so as to perform more advanced aspects
• Understanding of IT network, infrastructure, servers, back up systems etc that would assist with aspects of collection or processing of electronic documents.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to stuart DOT clarke @ millnet.co.uk before 12pm on 21 June 2013.