±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 10
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Forensic and e-Discovery Technician, UK
Typical duties include forensic collections, consultancy, research, training and investigative work, offering support for technical queries and troubleshooting, technical administration around both the processing and hosted solutions. On a daily basis the Digital Forensic and e-Discovery Technician will be involved in special projects administration including taking and allocating incoming work requests, providing client updates, managing email folders and other ad-hoc project requests of an administrative or technical nature.
• Self-organisation and meticulous attention to detail.
• Knowledge in the areas of digital forensics, scanning, coding, technology.
• Detailed product knowledge in the areas of digital forensics, electronic discovery processing and hosting platforms
• The ability to multi-task and deliver on multiple requests under pressurised time frames.
• The ability to to prioritise incoming requests from different areas (performs urgent, critical tasks or where there is a client impact in the appropriate order when the order of tasks is not directly instructed by a Supervisor or Manager).
• Technically ‘savvy’ with proven ability to use initiative and be creative
• Good knowledge of EnCase, FTK, Nuix, MS Office, Outlook/Exchange, Lotus Notes, Acrobat and other software used in providing digital forensic and litigation support services.
• Communication skills (written and oral) must be sufficient to be able to speak to and / or email clients and project managers in relation to questions, troubleshooting, assisting with queries or updates etc.
• Database skills including running queries, filtering and manipulation of data, importing and exporting data in various formats.
• Advanced client communication skills – i.e. proven ability to be the main point of contact on a project for instance on an off-site scanning project or to run in the ‘Project Management’ capacity smaller projects or special projects where the process is structured.
• Some scripting skills, most usefully Ruby, visual basic or database scripting so as to perform more advanced aspects
• Understanding of IT network, infrastructure, servers, back up systems etc that would assist with aspects of collection or processing of electronic documents.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to stuart DOT clarke @ millnet.co.uk before 12pm on 21 June 2013.