±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 5
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Software Engineer (Cambridge, MA)
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn new technologies and who thrives in an agile and collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate is one who enjoys solving hard problems, thinks systematically, and loves to code. If you’re looking to help build an open source software community and dive deep into mindshare consuming engineering problems (from file system analysis to distributed processing), we want to talk to you.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
* Participate in the design and implementation of our open source and proprietary digital forensics tools, such as Autopsy and The Sleuth Kit.
* Enhance the functionality and usability of the platform and modules.
* Support the open source community by getting involved in public forums and lists.
* Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent experience
* Three or more years of multi-threaded Java programming experience
* Three of more years of computer engineering or software engineering experience
* Strong Object-oriented design skills
* Familiarity with scripting languages (such as Python or Perl)
* Experience with relational or NoSQL databases
* Experience with C and C++ is a plus.
* Experience with distributed systems and RPC protocols (such as SOAP, JSON, CORBA, XML-RPC) is a plus.
* Experience with UI development (Swing, NetBeans Platform, or others) is a plus.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* An interest in digital forensics, computer engineering, cybersecurity, and distributed systems
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
See more at: theapplicantmanager.co...?pos=BT116