±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 8
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
· OS X Mavericks Metadata
· Bitcoin Forensics – A Journey into the Dark Web
· Analysis Of iOS Notes App
· Forensic Software in Child Protection Cases
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Forensics Engineers (Reston, VA)
Basis Technology is looking for several senior and mid-level software engineers to join our growing and dynamic digital forensics group in Northern Virginia (near Reston, VA). In these positions, you will focus on how smart phones work and what data they store. You will build digital forensics tools and integrate them into larger systems. You will be directly supporting digital investigations, so it’s important to be able to learn quickly and to prototype rapidly. You will learn how to recover deleted data from devices and build cutting edge technology that analyzes that data. If you want to make a difference, are looking for a challenge, and love to “crack the case”, then this is the job for you.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
* Research devices to identify what data is stored and how to extract it.
* Develop mobile applications for devices to help with data extraction and analysis.
* Evaluate existing solutions and develop solutions to fill gaps.
* Develop desktop applications to analyze data
* US citizenship with the ability to obtain a US government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
* Senior positions require MS or higher with 3+ years work experience, or BS with 5-7+ years work experience in computer science, software engineering, or other software development field
* Mid-level positions require a BS with 3+ years work experience in computer science, software engineering, or other software development field
* Proficiency in: C, C++, JAVA, Perl, Python
* Knowledge of system architecture design
* Expertise with reverse engineering preferred
* Experience in building applications for Windows Mobile, Symbian, iOS, Android, Linux embedded systems, or embedded code for micro controllers preferred
* Familiarity with web service development preferred
* Ability to learn rapidly in both the problem domain and new technical areas
* Good communication skills
* Experience with forensic examinations preferred
Senior positions have management opportunities
See more at: theapplicantmanager.co...?pos=BT108