±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
±Follow Forensic Focus
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
FORENSICS / DATA COLLECTION ANALYST (San Francisco)
What is a semi-automatic assault rifle?
Commonly an AR-15 is considered a semi-automatic assault rifle, though the definition is not strict, whilst a M-16 is definitely an assault rifle.
AFAIK fully automatic firearms (and thus assault rifles in the strict definition) need a special license in most US. states or are only LE, whilst their semi-automatic correspondents are "free sale" (again in a number of states).
The US Government defines the AR-15 a "semiautomatic assault weapon".
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member