±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 6
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
FORENSICS / DATA COLLECTION ANALYST (San Francisco)
What is a semi-automatic assault rifle?
Commonly an AR-15 is considered a semi-automatic assault rifle, though the definition is not strict, whilst a M-16 is definitely an assault rifle.
AFAIK fully automatic firearms (and thus assault rifles in the strict definition) need a special license in most US. states or are only LE, whilst their semi-automatic correspondents are "free sale" (again in a number of states).
The US Government defines the AR-15 a "semiautomatic assault weapon".
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member