±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 4
±Follow Forensic Focus
· TSFIC 2015 – Recap
· TDFCon 2015 – Recap
· Acquiring Windows PCs
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from iCloud
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
FORENSICS / DATA COLLECTION ANALYST (San Francisco)
What is a semi-automatic assault rifle?
Commonly an AR-15 is considered a semi-automatic assault rifle, though the definition is not strict, whilst a M-16 is definitely an assault rifle.
AFAIK fully automatic firearms (and thus assault rifles in the strict definition) need a special license in most US. states or are only LE, whilst their semi-automatic correspondents are "free sale" (again in a number of states).
The US Government defines the AR-15 a "semiautomatic assault weapon".
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member