±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
±Follow Forensic Focus
FORENSICS / DATA COLLECTION ANALYST (San Francisco)
What is a semi-automatic assault rifle?
Commonly an AR-15 is considered a semi-automatic assault rifle, though the definition is not strict, whilst a M-16 is definitely an assault rifle.
AFAIK fully automatic firearms (and thus assault rifles in the strict definition) need a special license in most US. states or are only LE, whilst their semi-automatic correspondents are "free sale" (again in a number of states).
The US Government defines the AR-15 a "semiautomatic assault weapon".
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member