Visitors: 41

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

Mobile Phone Examiners x2 SUSPOL - Sussex

Basic listing free. Premium listing ($79) includes listing on Forensic Focus homepage and RSS newsfeed, notification sent to Forensic Focus Twitter followers, a post to the Forensic Focus Facebook page, a post to the Forensic Focus LinkedIn Group and guaranteed inclusion of a link in the Forensic Focus newsletter. Learn more.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Mobile Phone Examiners x2 SUSPOL - Sussex

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:20 am

See job advert for more information...

Sussex Police - Mobile Phone Examiner  

gh05teh

Re: Mobile Phone Examiners x2 SUSPOL - Sussex

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:42 am

If you read the advert you will notice that this is a vacancy open only to current employees of Sussex Police, I have no idea what the hell you're advertising it here for, unless you're trying to waste the time of jobseekers.  

Xennith

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:18 am

I think the opening paragraph is most likely meant for internal use only and is basically stating that it's a civillian position. It is unfortunately worded though.

In any case, even if it said "SUSSEX POLICE EMPLOYEES ONLY" in gigantic red flashing letters, not sure that sort of response is suitable.  

Chris_Ed

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:10 am

- Chris_Ed
In any case, even if it said "SUSSEX POLICE EMPLOYEES ONLY" in gigantic red flashing letters, not sure that sort of response is suitable.

Agreed.

gh05teh - any clarification on the point under discussion here? Do you know if this post is open to anyone other than current employees of Sussex Police?

Jamie
Twitter: twitter.com/ForensicFocus
Facebook: www.facebook.com/forensicfocus
Google+: www.google.com/+ForensicFocus
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamiemorris 

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:51 am

How odd.

Yes, the positions are available to all applicants.

Apologies I didn't check the advert before posting it seems HR has just cut/paste the Internal advert.

Thanks for the update though Smile  

gh05teh

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:49 am

- Chris_Ed

I disagree. Someone posting a job advert which is only open to internal applicants does merit questioning on the subject. But the world would be very dull if we were all the same.

Anyhow, now that the confusion has been cleared up I'm sure that the Sussex Police HR team will edit the advert to reflect reality with haste and gh05teh will be buried under an avalance of suitable applicants.  

Xennith

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 1