Visitors: 88

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

Digital Forensic Technician - London (Met Police) - 7 POSTS

Basic listing free. Premium listing ($79) includes listing on Forensic Focus homepage and RSS newsfeed, notification sent to Forensic Focus Twitter followers, a post to the Forensic Focus Facebook page, a post to the Forensic Focus LinkedIn Group and guaranteed inclusion of a link in the Forensic Focus newsletter. Learn more.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Digital Forensic Technician - London (Met Police) - 7 POSTS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:59 am

Hi,

We currently have seven (7) digital forensic technician posts at our digital forensics laboratory in South London.

These posts are replacing staff who have left but there will be further new posts created in the near future, to augment a growing digital and electronics forensics service within the Metropolitan Police.

Ideally candidates will have training and experience in digital forensics but we will also consider candidates with strong technical skills but who have not been trained in or worked in digital forensics previously.

Successful candidates will need to pass an interview board which will include technical questions, questions on appropriate laws and in decision making. They will also need to pass various security checks before employment can start.

Salary will be £28,443 plus £1,883 location allowance to start with and as a result of incremental progression will rise to £35,053.

These roles are permanent, full-time positions.

The closest railway stations are Penge East and Sydenham and buses from Lewisham and Croydon stop very close by. There is also free parking in the local vicinity.

The posts will be relocated to central London in approximately two years.

Here is the link to the vancancies, including the required job and person specifications on our website: -

www.metpolicecareers.c...cians.html

Please note the successful candidates will work in a variety of disciplines such as mobile phones, CCTV, tablet devices and computers.

Please note the closing date for applications is 11th October 2013.

Good Luck.

Steve

steve862

Re: Digital Forensic Technician - London (Met Police) - 7 PO

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:54 am

hi Steve862

I have to live in London, to apply to this job?

regards.  

ortiz.said

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 am

Hi,

I would imagine the information in the application pack will answer all your questions and if it doesn't then there will be contact details provided.

You certainly don't need to live in London to apply but applicants would need to be eligible to work in the UK and pass UK security checks. They would also need to move to within a reasonable distance of work if offered the job because some element of out of hours on-call will be necessary.

Steve

steve862

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:03 am

Hello Steve,

Please check your inbox for a pvt msg.

Thanks.

BH.  

BRAVEHEART

Re: Digital Forensic Technician - London (Met Police) - 7 POSTS

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:55 am

Only for English?  

lpforensic

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:45 am

Apologies Steve for jumping in please correct me if I am wrong

Ipforensic

Unfortunately due to vigorous background checks I would think a minimum of 3 years residence.

Excellent opportunity though, wish it was for a Senior Forensic Investigators post, I would apply immediately , 12 years in the forensic industry and Ive always wanted to work for the MET. (now im gutted)

mitch  

mitch

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:07 am

Mitch,

There will be more senior posts to be recruited for in the future but these will be new posts and there is some groundwork to do before we get to that stage. Keep looking and at some point (although I can't say when), more senior posts will be advertised.

Steve

steve862

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next