±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 9
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
Application Support Analyst, London. £35k per annum.
The individual will have excellent communication skills with experience in customer service while also having a flexible attitude to work.
The successful candidate is expected to have working knowledge of both Microsoft and Unix/Linux operating systems and have strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to implement change to fix any presented problems.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in technology development and be self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative.
This position is based in London.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Be at hand to provide sound assistance and solid resolution for all first-tier technical issues throughout all stages of a tasked project. Assistance and resolution is needed with but not limited to: DocuMatrix issues such as connectivity, responsiveness and software bugs; Citrix; database performance issues; application configuration issues and index and data integrity.
• Interact with Unix on a regular basis to assist in problem resolution.
• Routinely apply fixes to repeat problems with a user’s software and develop a concluding resolution.
• Create concise documentation to act as troubleshooting and application guides.
• Assist application users with informative data and sound advice in their search for documents. Advise the users on how they can obtain the information they’re seeking independently with little assistance.
• Provide out-of-hours support using company-issued software.
• Experience and working knowledge of Document Review tools such as Relativity and Clearwell.
• Skilled in MCP/MCSE, Shell Scripting, RDBMS and a sound understanding of Litigation support culture. Experience within a law firm is desirable.
• Exemplary attention to detail
• Problem solver
• Flexible in working various shift patterns and providing support out-of-hours.
To apply for this position please contact the Apt Search team on 0845 689 6499 email your CV to jonathan @ apt-search.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can view more information about this position at: visit www.apt-search.co.uk