±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Forensic Team Leader - West Midlands Police
Band D - £26,658 to £37,332
Post Ref: 155
Applications are invited from motivated and enthusiastic individuals for the Team Leader role within the Digital Forensics Team, based at Ridgepoint House, Bromford Lane, Ward End, Birmingham.
Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills and duties will include responsibility for the supervision, co-ordination and delivery of all Digital Forensic functions. As an advisory point of contact the successful applicant will have day to day contact with investigating officers and external partners. Additional responsibility includes strong emphasis in shaping new business within Audio, CCTV, Mobile phone and computer forensics.
We are looking for applicants with both proven management experience and a clear understanding of Forensic or technical processes and how they relate to the delivery of criminal justice. Applicants will be expected to make decisions on a daily basis around the allocation of work to Digital Forensic staff based on their experience and abilities. The role will require applicants to have experience of efficient and effective workflow management. Candidates will have excellent communication skills, including written and oral ability and will be required to regularly liaise with colleagues at all ranks within and external to the organisation.
This is a role which involves dealing with materials that are of a sensitive nature and may be offensive and distressing (e.g. Images showing Child abuse ).
Appointments to this post are subject to specific vetting and medical clearance.
For an application pack, use the download links below. Alternatively, you contact the recruitment team on 0121 626 5100.
Role Profile / Application Form
Please return your completed form to: ss_applicationforms @ westmidlands.pnn.police.uk before the closing date of 31 December 2013.