±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 4
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
· Safer Internet Day
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Forensic Officer - West Midlands Police
Band D lower - £26,658 to £32,547
Post Ref: 154
Applications are invited from motivated and enthusiastic individuals for a Digital Forensic Officer role within the Digital Forensic’s Team, based at Ridgepoint House, Bromford Lane, Ward End, Birmingham.
Applicants will be responsible for providing technical assistance to investigating officers where computers, mobile phones and other digital data devices require examination. Duties will include the examination of mobile phones following ACPO guidelines. Acquisition, processing and bookmarking of computer based evidence, advising investigators on technical issues relative to their examinations.
We are looking for applicants who are conversant with Windows operating systems and have an interest and understanding of computer systems. You should be able to evidence an understanding of Forensic or technical processes and how they relate to the delivery of criminal justice. Candidates will have excellent communication skills, including written and oral ability and will be required to regularly liaise with colleagues at all ranks within and external to the organisation.
This is a role which involves dealing with materials that are of a sensitive nature and may be offensive and distressing (e.g. Images showing Child abuse).
Appointments to this post are subject to specific vetting and medical clearance.
For an application pack, use the download links below. Alternatively, you contact the recruitment team on 0121 626 5100
Role Profile / Application form
Please return your completed form to: ss_applicationforms @ westmidlands.pnn.police.uk before the closing date of 31 December 2013.