±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
· Safer Internet Day
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Evidence Recovery Officer - South Yorkshire Police
(4 posts on a 12 month temporary contract)
Department: Hi Tech Crime Unit
Location: Snig Hill Police Station, Sheffield
Pay Scale Band F - £32,547 – £36,390
37 hours per week on a 12 month temporary contract
You will examine digital devices (computers, mobile devices, satnavs, tablets etc), in line with force policy and ACPO guidelines.
You will utilise a variety of forensic tools, including Encase, Xways, FTK, Cellebrite and XRY to extract and analyse the data stored on these devices, and produce reports of your findings that are clear, concise and suitable for court.
To be considered for this post you must have extensive experience of examining computer devices and be able to demonstrate an advanced level and understanding of the legislation, processes and procedures underpinning digital device examinations and disclosure.
Ideally you will have the ability to examine a wide range of digital devices that include mobile phones, tablets, memory cards and satnavs.
Application form, Role Profile, Person Specification and Summary of Main Duties can be found within the Jobs section of the South Yorkshire Police Website.
Closing date: Friday 17th January 2014
For further information about this post please contact Paisley Spink on 01142523815. Please do not contact this number for an application form.