±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Evidence Recovery Officer - South Yorkshire Police
(4 posts on a 12 month temporary contract)
Department: Hi Tech Crime Unit
Location: Snig Hill Police Station, Sheffield
Pay Scale Band F - £32,547 – £36,390
37 hours per week on a 12 month temporary contract
You will examine digital devices (computers, mobile devices, satnavs, tablets etc), in line with force policy and ACPO guidelines.
You will utilise a variety of forensic tools, including Encase, Xways, FTK, Cellebrite and XRY to extract and analyse the data stored on these devices, and produce reports of your findings that are clear, concise and suitable for court.
To be considered for this post you must have extensive experience of examining computer devices and be able to demonstrate an advanced level and understanding of the legislation, processes and procedures underpinning digital device examinations and disclosure.
Ideally you will have the ability to examine a wide range of digital devices that include mobile phones, tablets, memory cards and satnavs.
Application form, Role Profile, Person Specification and Summary of Main Duties can be found within the Jobs section of the South Yorkshire Police Website.
Closing date: Friday 17th January 2014
For further information about this post please contact Paisley Spink on 01142523815. Please do not contact this number for an application form.