±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
· Forensics Europe Expo 2014 – Recap
· Windows Logon Password – Get Windows Logon Password using Wdigest in Memory Dump
· Windows Forensics and Security
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
· Safer Internet Day
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Evidence Recovery Officer - South Yorkshire Police
(4 posts on a 12 month temporary contract)
Department: Hi Tech Crime Unit
Location: Snig Hill Police Station, Sheffield
Pay Scale Band F - £32,547 – £36,390
37 hours per week on a 12 month temporary contract
You will examine digital devices (computers, mobile devices, satnavs, tablets etc), in line with force policy and ACPO guidelines.
You will utilise a variety of forensic tools, including Encase, Xways, FTK, Cellebrite and XRY to extract and analyse the data stored on these devices, and produce reports of your findings that are clear, concise and suitable for court.
To be considered for this post you must have extensive experience of examining computer devices and be able to demonstrate an advanced level and understanding of the legislation, processes and procedures underpinning digital device examinations and disclosure.
Ideally you will have the ability to examine a wide range of digital devices that include mobile phones, tablets, memory cards and satnavs.
Application form, Role Profile, Person Specification and Summary of Main Duties can be found within the Jobs section of the South Yorkshire Police Website.
Closing date: Friday 17th January 2014
For further information about this post please contact Paisley Spink on 01142523815. Please do not contact this number for an application form.