±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 6
New Yesterday: 7
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Junior Forensic Investigator - Chicago, IL
4Discovery is looking to add a person to our digital forensic and incident response team. This position is located in Chicago, IL and candidates must be able to pass a standard background check and be authorized to work in the United States.
Our ideal candidate for this position will have a basic understanding of digital forensic principles, incident response methodologies, and best practices. Knowledge of digital forensic lab practices, procedures, and evidence handling is a plus.
Experience and/or certifications with industry digital forensic tools such as EnCase, X-Ways, FTK, F-Response, and open source tools are also a plus.
Training is available and this entry level position provides you with opportunity to be exposed to all facets of digital forensics and work side-by-side with some of the industry’s best examiners.
Your typical week on the job would include:
* Maintaining a digital forensic lab.
* Creating forensic images (both in the lab and at client locations) using various tools while maintaining chain of custody and documentation.
* Performing remote collections from file servers, email collections from Microsoft Exchange, and cloud-based collections from Gmail, Dropbox, Amazon, etc…
* Conducting forensic analysis using EnCase, X-Ways, FTK, and numerous 3rd party and open source tools.
* Examining forensic artifacts such as registry artifacts, document metadata, and log files. Provide documentation of analysis procedures and present findings.
* Support a project’s success by participating in conference calls and providing clients with project updates. Support the sales and marketing team’s efforts when requested.
* Updating and maintaining our internal knowledge base.
4Discovery is a privately owned, fast growing, and cutting-edge computer forensics company. Our team has been providing digital forensic services to law firms and corporations throughout the United States since 2001.
We offer a casual work environment and flexible hours. Occasional travel, nights, and weekends will be required. Salaries and benefits are competitive and based on experience and include dental, medical, and 401K plans.
We would love to chat with you if you…
You never met a challenge you didn’t like.
You’re a self-starter and would love to work and learn using the latest forensics hardware, software, and techniques.
Have some experience in computer forensics and possess a strong desire to learn more and become and forensic rockstar.
You’re flexible, with the ability to work the occasional odd hours, travel up to 20%, and adjust your priorities to meet client demands.
Email your CV, prior testimony, cover letter, and any other information you would like us to consider to jobs @ 4discovery.com.