±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 5
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
Senior Forensic Investigator - Chicago, IL
4Discovery is looking to add an senior person to our digital forensic and incident response team. This position is located in Chicago, IL and candidates must be able to pass a standard background check and be authorized to work in the United States.
Our ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years experience and possess a deep understanding of digital forensic principles, incident response methodologies, and best practices.
Experience with industry digital forensic tools such as EnCase, X-Ways, F-Response, FTK, and open source tools are required. At least one industry certification (CISSP, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, CCE, DFC, etc.) is also required.
Our ideal candidate will have an:
* Expert knowledge and understanding of Linux, OSX, and Windows operating systems and internals/artifacts.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous engagements, including assisting scoping new projects.
* Expert understanding and the ability to collect/analyze data from from enterprise systems such as Lotus Domino, Exchange, Groupwise, VMware ESXi, SharePoint, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, etc…
Experience conducting risk assessments, performing vulnerability scans, and managing software compliance audits.
* Fluent in at least one programming/scripting language with a working knowledge of software configuration and change management (SCCM) systems such as Git, Subversion, Mercurial, and Team Foundation Server.
* Ability to audit source code and binary files for vulnerabilities, malicious code, signs copyright infringement, trade secret theft, and intellectual property misuse.
* Through knowledge of networking protocols with the ability to analyze packet captures, IDS/IPS and firewall logs. Experience with security information and event management (SEIM) solutions such as Splunk/ArcSight is us a plus.
* Expert-level documentation skills including experience in writing declarations, affidavits, expert reports as well as providing expert testimony.
4Discovery is a privately owned, fast growing, and cutting-edge computer forensics company. Our team has been providing digital forensic services to law firms and corporations throughout the United States since 2001.
We offer a casual work environment and flexible hours. Occasional travel, nights, and weekends will be required. Salaries and benefits are competitive and based on experience and include dental, medical, and 401K plans.
We would love to chat with you if you…
Are an expert examiner with over 5 years experience and a rock solid background in digital forensics and incident response who can hit the ground running.
Are a self-starter and like working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment with access to the latest digital forensic tools and technologies.
Have top notch documentation, reporting, and communication skills and love consulting with clients and translating complex technical concepts into terms clients and even judges can understand.
Email your CV, prior testimony, cover letter, and any other information you would like us to consider to jobs @ 4discovery.com.