±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
±Follow Forensic Focus
Forensic IT Systems Administrator/Forensic Tech Cambridge UK
PTP Consulting LLP are seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator who has an interest in gaining additional skills in a variety of digital forensic disciplines.
PTP Consulting LLP is a PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI) and QSAC providing high end audit, advisory and digital forensic services to a diverse range of organisations spanning many business sectors.
The role would suit a candidate who has a solid background in the administration of secure network environments but who may be looking for a change of direction or new challenges.
Although the primary purpose of this role is the effective administration of the company networks, we are actively seeking someone who is keen to learn and progress into the field of Digital Forensics, Incident Response, Data Processing, PCI-DSS and Ethical Hacking.
The role will be based from the Cambridge office, and may involve some travel throughout the UK.
As a Systems Administrator, your primary focus is to support the reliable and effective provision of a highly secured IT infrastructure through the provision of network and server configuration, maintenance and team support.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
• Planning, implementation and testing of a number of new IT projects;
• Ensuring operational issues are tracked, monitored and resolved;
• Developing configurations and test remedial and preventative maintenance for core systems;
• Scripting, web development etc. to provide easy to use operational support;
• Answering technical queries, system performance tuning and troubleshooting;
• Help solve problems by thinking widely and applying innovative solutions.
This role will develop, through training and practical work assignments, to include performing investigative tasks, conducting ‘on-site’ consultancy, acquisition and analysis of forensic evidence and report writing.
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter who is flexible, proactive and able to work efficiently as part of a team, and independently when required. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following essential, personal qualities:
• 'Can do' attitude;
• Willingness to learn and progress;
• Team Work;
• Problem Solving;
• Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
The following skills are essential for this role:
• A minimum of 3 years of IT Administration experience;
• Comprehensive understanding of Windows Server environment and configuration, including virtualised systems;
• Demonstrable experience of working with Active Directory, Windows Network Services (e.g. File and Print, DNS), Microsoft Exchange, VPN, Microsoft Systems Centre, Microsoft PowerShell scripting, Anti-Virus, Encryption;
• Understanding of Linux server, desktop and virtualised systems;
• A good understanding of advanced security configuration on both outward facing and air gapped network environments;
• The ability to work without supervision; effective time management and strong organisational skills;
• The ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
• Experience of conducting forensic imaging and acquisition of computer and storage media;
• Experience with standard forensic toolsets e.g.: EnCase, FTK, DD, WFT, Linux Forensic tools etc;
• Experience with different operating systems such as Linux / Windows / Mac Operating;
• Experience of analysing forensic evidence, report writing and the ability to communicate complex technical data to the lay person is also a must have;
• Knowledge of programming with one or more of the following languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, ASP, SQL, HTML etc;
• Driving License / Car;
Please send a CV and a covering letter demonstrating why you are the right candidate and why you wish to join PTP Consulting to:
jobs @ ptpconsultingllp.com
Please include the job title in the email.