±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
£125-150K (package) Manager Digital Forensics & e-D, London
Contact: craig @ brimstone-consulting.com
Tel: 0207 096 1200
Mobile: 0787 602 8419
Brimstone Consulting are proud to have been selected as one of only two companies contracted to recruit for this leading UK Regulators important and prestigious Manager role.
Working within Regulatory Enforcement leading a team of 24 staff investigating and bringing disciplinary action, civil cases and criminal prosecutions on behalf of the Regulator aimed at achieving credible deterrence by changing the behaviour in the financial services industry in accordance with regulations.
The role will present you with challenging and intellectually stimulating cases within globally recognised organisations that will attract large scale media attention and help to shape the future for the regulation of firms and markets, and the protection of investors and consumers.
The work will be varied and interesting, and form an important part of the regulators future strategy that you will be able to influence. The proceedings can take the form of regulatory, criminal, civil and insolvencies, often requiring them to work closely with other organisations therefore requiring a mix of consultation, diplomacy and also strength of character. This team plays a key role supporting the regulator re early intervention. This is a large employer with a healthy budget to meet their goals using and constantly investing in the latest technologies.
The department comprises of three teams and the successful candidate will be involved in a deeper integration of their own team with the other teams and the wider organisation. They will also be managing their own team in regards to encouraging them to spend more time at onsite investigations helping them to develop and take a more holistic view.
What’s involved in this role?
Heading up the team of Digital Forensic and e-Discovery specialists processing evidence and ensuring all digital evidence is analysed and investigated in accordance with ACPO guidance and case team requirements.
Its responsibilities include:
• Ownership of the enforcement's evidence processing strategy and managing the interests of all interested stakeholders;
• providing evidential services to support case teams in the Division, including exhibit management, Digital Forensics and the operation of evidence review platforms;
• developing policy and expertise in digital forensics; and
• Building trust and establishing effective relationships (especially with teams in the Enforcement Division, IS and with external contractors) and being an effective leader.
• Demonstrating awareness of the stakeholder requirements - in particular, teams in the
Enforcement Division and the needs of disciplinary/regulatory/prosecution processes.
• Providing strategic leadership in developing the capability, competence and quality of the team and its staff.
• Managing the team to deliver efficiently and effectively.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of (i) processes and procedures and (ii) infrastructure and tools for the team including integration with other IS systems.
• Maintaining the processes and procedures required to control workflows.
• Demonstrating strong project management skills, both in undertaking the work undertaken for case teams and in developing the team (for instance, in implementing new eDiscovery review platforms).
• Acting as Accountable Executive for the new Evidence Organisation software system.
Minimum, Essential & Desirable skills
• A professional qualification, or demonstrable technical competence, in digital evidence matters and IT systems with digital evidence experience.
• Experience of working in a criminal prosecution environment and evidence of working with enterprise wide systems, Email, ERP etc.
• Proven people management and project management skills and experience
• Practical experience in the use of digital forensic software e.g. EnCase or similar packages.
• Proven people management and project management skills.
• Proven ability to maintain focus and high standards whilst working under pressure and deadlines.
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of people, face-to-face and in writing.
• Ability to build trust and establish effective relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to work as a strategic and an effective leader.
• Possess the initiative and tenacity to follow through issues.
• Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
• Creativity to think of new ideas and more efficient ways of working through proven process improvement skills - taking ownership and sharing ideas with the team.
• Industry certifications such as EnCE or CFCE or equivalents.
• Experience of giving evidence in court or before a tribunal.
• Experience of executing search warrants or of attending searches.
• Sound knowledge of the structure, principles and responsibilities of a financial regulator
• Basic understanding of the work a financial regulators business departments.
What will I get from the role?
This is a unique opportunity to:
• Work with one of the UK’s leading regulators, using state of the art technology whilst working on high profile cases within global companies.
• be directly involved in the development of the regulators Digital Forensics capability;
• work within a dynamic professional environment of highly skilled and motivated individuals;
• gain an in-depth insight into financial services;
• gain an in-depth understanding of the work of the team and wider department;
• gain exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders across the regulators organisation.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th May.
We aim to respond to suitably qualified candidates within 48 hours. Due to volumes of applications with some roles from unqualified applicants we can not always respond if you are not suitably qualified for the role you apply to.
Brimstone Consulting are a boutique staffing agency operating at the highest levels across nine sector specialisms. We are both a Recruitment Agency and Business.
Brimstone Consulting specialists in: Digital Forensics and e-Discovery.
email: info @ brimstone-consulting.com
tel: 0207 096 1200
Brimstone Consulting acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. Brimstone Consulting is an equal opportunities employer.
Our Data Protection number: ZA053843
- Senior Member