±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 7
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
West Midlands Police - Digital Forensic Officer
Salary: £26,658 - £32,547
LPU/Dept: Forensic Services
Location: Ridgepoint House
Post Ref: 101/14
Applications are invited from motivated and enthusiastic individuals for a Digital Forensic Officer role within the Digital Forensic’s Team, based at Ridgepoint House, Bromford Lane, Ward End, Birmingham.
Applicants will be responsible for providing technical assistance to investigating officers where computers, mobile phones and other digital data devices require examination. Duties will include the examination of mobile phones following ACPO guidelines. Acquisition, processing and bookmarking of computer based evidence, advising investigators on technical issues relative to their examinations.
We are looking for applicants who are conversant with Windows operating systems and have an interest and understanding of computer systems. You should be able to evidence an understanding of Forensic or technical processes and how they relate to the delivery of criminal justice. Candidates will have excellent communication skills, including written and oral ability and will be required to regularly liaise with colleagues at all ranks within and external to the organisation.
This is a role which involves dealing with materials that are of a sensitive nature and may be offensive and distressing (e.g. Images showing Child abuse).
Appointments to this post are subject to specific vetting and medical clearance.
For an application form, use the download links below.
Application Form & Advert
Please return your completed form to: ss_applicationforms @ west-midlands.pnn.police.uk
The closing date is Wednesday 21st May 2014.