±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 5
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
Digital Forensic Examiner (Computers) - FMS Ltd - Berkshire
FMS specialises in Computer Forensics, Mobile Phone Forensics, Cell Site Analysis, Audio & Video Forensics, Chip-Off Forensics, Data Recovery, eDiscovery and Expert Witness Services.
We are currently seeking a Digital Forensic Examiner (Computers) to join our team.
Digital Forensic Examiner (£25-30k depending on skills and experience + standby allowance)
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years experience of Digital Forensic casework and court attendance.
You will work as part of the Digital Forensic Team, reporting to the Forensics Manager, with responsibilities including:
• Imaging and extracting data from digital devices and producing reports;
• Dealing with Customer enquiries;
• Generating and progressing new business leads;
• Provide advice, guidance and support regarding technical Forensic matters;
• Keeping up to-date with new digital devices & techniques;
• Training junior team members as required.
• Managing own workload effectively, and supporting junior members of the team.
Required Skills & Experience
Any prospective candidate must have the following skills/qualifications:
• MSc/BSc in Forensic Computing or equivalent Law Enforcement/Commercial experience;
• Excellent understanding of IT and Network Technology;
• At least 2 years current commercial, legal and police casework experience;
• Proficiency with current forensic software such as EnCase, FTK, Internet Evidence Finder, NetAnalysis, NUIX Proof Finder, Forensic Explorer;
• Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
• Fully conversant with ACPO Guidelines, ISO 9001, 27001 and 17025 Standards;
• Successful management of digital forensic investigations;
• Familiarity with Windows, Macintosh and Linux/UNIX operating systems;
• Familiarity with a wide range of mobile phones and computers;
• Experience preparing cases for court;
• Experience of giving expert evidence in court;
• Good attention to detail;
• Proficiency in Excel/Word/Access;
• Full UK driving license and own transport.
• EnCase Enterprise
Due to the nature of the role applicants will be required to be security vetted CRB and CTC; therefore applicants must be currently and permanently resident in the UK and have been for at least 3 years.
How to apply
Closing date for applications is 6th June 2014. Please apply in writing including a current CV, to email@example.com