±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Digital Forensic Evidence Analyst - Detroit Michigan Area
Location: Southfield, MI
General Purpose: Provide entry level assistance in support of EDS project deliveries related to the acquisition and analysis of computer data for purposes of computer forensic investigations, electronic data discovery, and data quality control.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identification, inventory, and audit of all EDS case related digital evidence
• Cataloging digital evidence in the digital evidence tracking system
• Preparation of digital evidence reports – including evidence tracking, inventory, and acquisition reports
• Preparing forensic tool kits for onsite acquisitions
• Acquire and analyze electronic data
• Review, organization, and analysis of case documentation
• Interface with Forensic Services Group on investigative projects
• Performance of research functions
• Serve as technical resource for Dispute Advisory & Forensic Services Group
• Performs a variety of other complicated tasks requiring a wide range of creativity as well as being involved in other supplementary IT tasks
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
• General knowledge of forensic based software such as EnCase, FTK, and X1Social Discovery
• General knowledge of discovery processing and hosting software such as Law PreDiscovery, Relativity, and Concordance
• General knowledge of the identification, documentation, collection, preservation and transportation of digital evidence
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work with changing client-imposed deadlines
• Understanding of the litigation process
• Ability to travel up to 10-20%
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
Education and/or Training:
• 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant field
• 6 months of relevant IT experience
• Experience working in a professional services environment preferred
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
SRR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position please submit your resume at: ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH08/...p;rid=1222
or email it to:
HR @ srr.com