±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 2
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Analyst - Forensic Technology - Big 4 - London
Supporting the delivery work on range of engagements. This will involve:
• Assisting with data collections using forensically sound techniques.
• Verifying, validating and analysing data that has been collected or received from clients.
• Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
• Reducing data volumes through the elimination of duplicates using a variety of processing tools.
• Reporting to the engagement manager on day-to-day delivery elements on FTech engagements.
• Responding to client requests with the supervision from the Assistant Manager working on the engagement.
• Managing expectations and taking ownership of task based delivery elements on FTech engagements.
• Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
• Delivery of client based training on our review systems via WebEx or to an audience.
• Assisting the business development team on demonstrating our technology offerings to potential clients through seminars or online Webinars.
• Researching and testing new software.
• Assisting with project administration tasks where appropriate.
• 2-3 years experience within an F-tech role
• Strong MS Access and SQL skills.
• Good understanding of MS Office and MS Office file types.
• Good understanding of PC and Server operating systems.
• Good understanding of email formats and email software clients.
• Aptitude to learn new software tools.
• Computer Forensic experience is not essential but would be an additional benefit.
Qualifications, Skills and Qualities:
• 2:1 degree or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent written skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Adaptive in situations, forward thinking and able to work in a high-pressured environment.
• Strong database and analytical skills; MS Access or knowledge of SQL.
• Solid understanding of operating systems.
• Basic understanding of IT networks and networking skills.
• Knowledge of programming (C++, Java, Visual Basic, PERL, Ruby) would be advantageous.
• The ability to focus on detail, work methodically and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
**Contact me on ht @ warnerscott.com for more information**