±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Forensic Video Technician, Coquitlam, BC, Canada
The City of Coquitlam is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Forensic Video Technician to join the Civilian Police Services team. This job will perform technical work in the utilization of video technology and techniques to identify suspects. The position reviews, performs technical analyses and processes a variety of video evidence for investigation and court purposes. As well provide a variety of clerical support to staff in the Section. The video analysis work requires considerable concentration and attention to detail. Some independent judgment and action is exercised in the technical aspects of the work, while problems and unfamiliar situations are discussed with a functional expert or a supervisor and/or manager who also assign work priorities.
The job requirements include:
- Sound knowledge of the practices, procedures and techniques related to the field of forensic video technology.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing section activities.
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including the operation of applicable computer equipment.
- Ability to review, perform intermediate level analysis, enhancement and editing, recovery, still image capture, conversion and concealment of a wide variety of video images to identify and/or eliminate possible suspects from material provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and maintain documentation and files related to the work.
- Ability to appear in court and provide testimony on forensic video technology and evidentiary activities.
- Ability to act as a resource and provide guidance regarding video technology and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and representatives of other law enforcement agencies.
- Ability to operate equipment and software used in the work.
- Minimum Grade 12 supplemented by courses in video production and editing, computers and photography plus some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
The City offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Please submit your résumé and covering letter, citing reference# 2014-101154, by 5:00 pm Monday July 28, 2014 to:
3000 Guildford Way | Coquitlam, BC V3B 7N2
Phone: 604.927.3070 | Fax: 604.927.3075
careers @ coquitlam.ca | coquitlam.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.