±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 7
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Manager Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (m/f) @EY Lux
Companies that act with integrity in efficiently addressing ethics and integrity issues, such as fraud, bribery and corruption, have a distinct advantage with real business benefits. To this end, our Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) practice helps our clients manage their risk, investigate alleged misconduct and measure the implications of disputes – all with the sensitivity, discretion and reactivity required.
These high standards of professionalism bring about why professionals – amongst them some of the world’s largest companies and many of its best-known law firms as well as an increasing number of medium and large-sized Luxembourg enterprises – turn to EY FIDS for assistance.
Our areas of focus include assistance and investigations in:
o Ethics & Integrity issues,
o ABCA – Anti-bribery and corruption,
o Economic sanctions and trade export controls,
o Transaction forensic services.
In order to join our fast growing team in Luxembourg, we are currently seeking the right candidates for a career opportunity as a
Manager Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (m/f) - LUX000DT
• Oversee multiple projects encompassing various responsibilities, including: providing oversight of the engagement strategy/approach; collaborate to plan the engagement; manage expectations of service; overseeing client deliverables; preparing final reports and testimony; ensuring that the work product meets the client's needs; and assuming responsibility for engagement economics to achieve revenue goals. Successfully manage to the budget.
• Be in charge of the development and go-to-market of a new FIDS service offering.
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key business decision makers and networks. Generate new business opportunities. You’ll lead presentations and proposals for complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals. Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
• Develop people. Successfully delegate to all levels of staff. Assume a leadership role in training, development, and instruction, and contribute to practice-wide recruiting efforts. Foster teamwork and innovative thinking.
• Commit to developing knowledge. Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Stay informed of the current legal, regulatory and business/economic developments relevant to the client's industry.
• Driving improvements in business processes: you’ll serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our Q&RM guidelines.
• You hold a University degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
• You have a Corporate/Professional Services background in the industrial sector or commercial sector in following departments: Internal Audit, Compliance, Risk-Management, Forensic and/or from Big 4 or equivalent.
• Being a Certified Fraud Examiner or holding a similar professional qualification is considered a plus.
• You demonstrate business development and client service skills; with an interest to be actively involved in client management and practice development initiatives.
• You demonstrate ability to develop detailed work plans and prioritization of projects, experience managing multiple projects, providing direction and supervision to team members, conducting project progress meetings with clients.
• You have strong analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills, with a critical mindset and a very good attention to detail.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
• The successful candidate must also be willing and able to travel, in some cases for extended periods and at short notice.
• Language skills required: Fluency in English, French and/or German. Additional language skills would be considered a very distinctive advantage.
Interested candidates should send a current Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter via our online application form on www.ey.com/lu/careers.
We guarantee the confidentiality for all the applicants.