±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
±Follow Forensic Focus
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
Digital Forensic Analyst vacancy in North Yorkshire
Digital Evidence Lab Forensic Analyst
£23,945 - £26,539
This post is for a digital forensic analyst to work within the North Yorkshire Trading Standards digital forensic lab, which provides digital forensic services for local trading standards investigators.
The successful applicant will be required to have degree level qualifications relevant to the role, or have equivalent experience within the field of digital forensics.
The role involves the acquisition and analysis of digital evidence from computers, mobile devices and any other item capable of storing digital information. There will be a requirement to attend on-site search and seizures where networked computer systems are present. Because of the national remit of the unit the successful applicant must be prepared to travel anywhere within the United Kingdom and, because of this requirement, the applicant will require a full UK driving license.
The role requires an investigative mind, knowledge of the principles and practises of digital forensics, as well as the ability to prepare written reports for use within the criminal justice system; it will involve appearing in court to give evidence in relation to investigations carried out.
Applications must be made by 1st September 2014, with interviews to be held on 10th September 2014
For information on how to apply, please see:
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dave Childs on 01609 534808 or email dave.childs @ northyorks.gov.uk