±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 7
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
Digital Forensic Analyst vacancy in North Yorkshire
Digital Evidence Lab Forensic Analyst
£23,945 - £26,539
This post is for a digital forensic analyst to work within the North Yorkshire Trading Standards digital forensic lab, which provides digital forensic services for local trading standards investigators.
The successful applicant will be required to have degree level qualifications relevant to the role, or have equivalent experience within the field of digital forensics.
The role involves the acquisition and analysis of digital evidence from computers, mobile devices and any other item capable of storing digital information. There will be a requirement to attend on-site search and seizures where networked computer systems are present. Because of the national remit of the unit the successful applicant must be prepared to travel anywhere within the United Kingdom and, because of this requirement, the applicant will require a full UK driving license.
The role requires an investigative mind, knowledge of the principles and practises of digital forensics, as well as the ability to prepare written reports for use within the criminal justice system; it will involve appearing in court to give evidence in relation to investigations carried out.
Applications must be made by 1st September 2014, with interviews to be held on 10th September 2014
For information on how to apply, please see:
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dave Childs on 01609 534808 or email dave.childs @ northyorks.gov.uk