±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 32774
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 149

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Retrieve browser stored passwords in Android

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Retrieve browser stored passwords in Android

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm

I would like to know if there any way I can retrieve stored password specific to any URL in Samsung Browser for Android.
This browser is based on Chromiun.
The password is stored encrypted in a field called "password_value" of a sqlite data base com.sec.android.app.sbrowser/app_sbrowser/Default/Login Data.

I know how Windows version of Google Chrome store passwords. The passwords are encrypted using a call to the Windows API function CryptProtectData, which use the logon credential of the user.
I think in Samsung Browser for Android should be similar as is based in Chromiun.  

jfranck

Re: Retrieve browser stored passwords in Android

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Usually, Mobile Devices are using a Temporary HASH password to prevent someone from grabbing credentials.

Also Google and others added IP check and country check in case someone stole a password and try to login.

There is no password storage on latest android devices to prevent this.  

droopy

Page 1 of 1