±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 31952
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 132

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Retrieve browser stored passwords in Android

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Retrieve browser stored passwords in Android

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:18 am

I would like to know if there any way I can retrieve stored password specific to any URL in Samsung Browser for Android.
This browser is based on Chromiun.
The password is stored encrypted in a field called "password_value" of a sqlite data base com.sec.android.app.sbrowser/app_sbrowser/Default/Login Data.

I know how Windows version of Google Chrome store passwords. The passwords are encrypted using a call to the Windows API function CryptProtectData, which use the logon credential of the user.
I think in Samsung Browser for Android should be similar as is based in Chromiun.  

jfranck

Re: Retrieve browser stored passwords in Android

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Usually, Mobile Devices are using a Temporary HASH password to prevent someone from grabbing credentials.

Also Google and others added IP check and country check in case someone stole a password and try to login.

There is no password storage on latest android devices to prevent this.  

droopy

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share and Like this forum topic to get more replies

Page 1 of 1