±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 32774
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 147

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Detailed Case Study Involving Evidence Tampering

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: Detailed Case Study Involving Evidence Tampering

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm

- thefuf
Well, the absence of NTFS object IDs is an artifact too: "Links to files on removable media are not maintained" (source).

Agreed, and you have just referred to one possibility for why that might be. The absence of ObjectIDs is also one data point amongst many that helps define the relationship a particular computer (or to be more specific maybe we should say "host OS") did or did not have with a particular file.

Mark  

ArsenalConsulting

Re: Detailed Case Study Involving Evidence Tampering

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:09 pm

- ArsenalConsulting
I'm not much of a design guy... I push the content to our web guy and let him do his thing. If I or one of my other employees were responsible for designing the case study you would probably never use the web again.

I don't know, as always beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I may actually like it. Rolling Eyes

Anyway thanks for understanding and putting the request in the queue. Smile

When and if you have time, point your web guy to here Wink :
tiffzhang.com/startup/...8585626425
as an example of how all sites are nowadays, and an example of what they shouldn't look like (anymore).

jaclaz

jaclaz

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2