Visitors: 42

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

Data Recovery Lab

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Data Recovery Lab

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:26 am

Dear Experts,

WE are planing to run a medium sized data recovery lab in out organization , that will be able to solve most of our cases received.

Any certain companies that can provide us with a quotation on (hardware,software and training) quotation on building a data recovery lab.

Thanks  

CopyRight

Re: Data Recovery Lab

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 am

Scott Moulton runs myharddrivedied.com
He'd be the man to ask  

randomaccess

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:53 pm

I'd not ask him.

Do some research on a clean room probably class 100.
The software used is 99% proprietary, so needing to get someone who can write a good program for you. Understanding the platter removal, platter repair, etc. would be nice.

www.idc-ch2m.com/servi...m_cost.asp

You can get a rough start at that link.

- randomaccess
Scott Moulton runs myharddrivedied.com
He'd be the man to ask

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

armresl

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 am

- armresl
I'd not ask him.

i dont see why you wouldnt ask him....he runs a data recovery company and runs training courses and sells training videos...and when ive spoken to him he seems very happy to help

also re the clean room, we've purchased a laminar flow bench, which im led to believe can be used for platter swaps etc, although that isnt really something im involved in.  

randomaccess

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 am

AFAIK Class 100 Clean Rooms are what is advertised and laminar flow benches are what are actually in use.

Of course there are "big" firms that do have actual clean rooms, but they usually can be counted in a given country without any need to take off your shoes Wink .

The key in this is not the actual equipment (which is "just" money) but the actual training/knowledge/experience.

I doubt - no offence whatsoever intended - that you cannot get an unexperienced guy, no matter how good, smart and what not he is, send him to do some training and expect him to run a data recovery laboratory.

If I were you the one person I would contact about this would be Artem V. Makarov:
www.hardmaster.info/eng/about.html
who is a free-lance and is open to external international consulting jobs, and that from what he has published on his site has the IMHO right "cut-through-the-b*llsh*t-and-get-the-work-done" kind of approach.

jaclaz

jaclaz

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 1