±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 4
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
· OS X Mavericks Metadata
· Bitcoin Forensics – A Journey into the Dark Web
· Analysis Of iOS Notes App
±Follow Forensic Focus
FBI - Computer Scientist, GS 11/12 (EX) - Quantico, VA
Unit: CART Forensic Analysis
Computer Scientist at the GS 11/12 level in the FBI works to leverage advanced specialized computer science knowledge and skills for the identification, investigation and analysis of a variety of unusual conditions and problems, and implementation of rigorous analytical solutions in furtherance of FBI mission.
- Performs basic computer system and network procurement, installation, administration and security and assists other on more complex matters.
- Troubleshoots, and modifies existing tools and methods to identify, preserve, and analyze digital evidence.
- Develops and implements basic custom tools.
- Provides technical and other professional assistance in conducting interviews, searches and other investigative activity.
- Provides courtroom testimony.
- Remains current with major new advances in cyber and technology topics and provide guidance on such matters.
- Coordinates with the private sector and other divisions to resolve technical and other relevant issues.
All applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, AND computer science. (15 of the 30 semester hours MUST have been in any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus.) Courses designed to provide an introduction to computer science techniques and methodologies are acceptable; courses in teaching elementary, business, or shop mathematics are not acceptable.
Experience in basic computer systems and network procurement, installation, administration and security and assists other on more complex matters.
Experience in troubleshooting, and modifying existing tools and methods to identify, preserve, and analyze digital evidence.
Experience in developing and implementing basic custom tools.
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume.
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Senior Member