±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 4
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
±Follow Forensic Focus
Accurate Time Zone Configuration in Encase 7 Forensic
I am trying to accurately configure a Windows-based evidence item in Encase 7 to reflect the appropriate time zone settings of the subject drive, according to the TimeZoneInformation sub-key of the SYSTEM hive registry file. I've reviewed numerous articles, such as wordpress.bladeforensi...time-zone, but am having trouble understanding them.
For example, my local machine is set to CST. How can I configure Encase to display the accurate time zone settings of the subject drive and not reflect my local time zone.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated!
hope it helps
- Senior Member