±Forensic Focus Partners
|New Today: 5||Overall: 28995|
|New Yesterday: 5||Visitors: 47|
· Linux Timestamps, Oh boy!
· Standard Processes in Windows 10
· NAS Forensics Explained
· Project Spartan Forensics
· FT Cyber Security Summit Europe – London 22nd September
· The Future of Mobile Forensics
· TSFIC 2015 – Recap
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from Live Exchange
· TDFCon 2015 – Recap
IT Specialist (INFOSEC) - District Of Columbia County, US
Department:Department Of Commerce
Agency:Office of the Secretary
Job Announcement Number:OS/OCIO-2013-0007
Back to top
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Department of Commerce (DOC) computer security incidents consistent with Federal and departmental computer security incident handling procedures.
- Conducts specialized computer forensic investigations using investigative methods and techniques to determine such things as method of entry (e.g., infection), propagation, data exfiltration, etc.
- Monitors and identifies computer security information and events using automated intrusion detection and prevention tools and event log aggregation tools.
- Conducts investigations that require use of special investigative methods and techniques.
- Serves as one of the technical points-of-contact within the agency and to the outside computer forensic community, providing criminal investigators, intelligence analyst, computer industry representatives, professional organization, and/or computer forensic professionals in other Federal, state, or local law enforcement organizations with computer forensic advice, guidance, and testimony.
Back to top
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement: For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. And in addition to the above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service AND must possess the selective placement factor. Specialized experience is defined as experience in computer security incident management, which includes the command and control of actions directly required to coordinate work and manage a computer security incident to its completion. Experience in forensic analysis and evidence collections specifically the collation, cataloging and protection of material used in support of decisions made during the computer security incident, as well as research, disciplinary and legal activities following the incident. Selective Placement Factor (SPF): In addition to meeting the specialized experience, applicants must posses the SPF essential for successful job performance. Applicants must actively hold one of the following certifications: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH), Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Band III - Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M., if related. Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 EASTERN TIME ZONE (ETZ) on the closing date of this announcement. Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at www.opm.gov/qualfications.
- Senior Member