±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
· Browser Anti Forensics
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
· Forensics Europe Expo 2014 – Recap
· Windows Logon Password – Get Windows Logon Password using Wdigest in Memory Dump
±Follow Forensic Focus
I'm looking for a good, freeware alternative for Splunk. I'm more than OK with an open source solution.
In my search, I stumbled upon the ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer which is quite good, but not exactly what I'm looking.
I would love to hear with what tools you are working for log analysis and aggregation.
SNMP works well for network devices, not so great in my opinion on windows machines. An agent software like Snare (free) is pretty good and combined with Kiwi Syslog offers a pretty decent syslog system in all.
In terms of log analysis, not familiar with any decent freeware tools besides splunk. You could always learn a scripting language like Perl, which isn't too hard, tons of free tutorials out there, and great for log analysis.