±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
I'm looking for a good, freeware alternative for Splunk. I'm more than OK with an open source solution.
In my search, I stumbled upon the ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer which is quite good, but not exactly what I'm looking.
I would love to hear with what tools you are working for log analysis and aggregation.
SNMP works well for network devices, not so great in my opinion on windows machines. An agent software like Snare (free) is pretty good and combined with Kiwi Syslog offers a pretty decent syslog system in all.
In terms of log analysis, not familiar with any decent freeware tools besides splunk. You could always learn a scripting language like Perl, which isn't too hard, tons of free tutorials out there, and great for log analysis.