±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 7
±Follow Forensic Focus
· Project Spartan Forensics
· FT Cyber Security Summit Europe – London 22nd September
· The Future of Mobile Forensics
· TSFIC 2015 – Recap
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from Live Exchange
· TDFCon 2015 – Recap
· Acquiring Windows PCs
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from iCloud
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
I'm looking for a good, freeware alternative for Splunk. I'm more than OK with an open source solution.
In my search, I stumbled upon the ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer which is quite good, but not exactly what I'm looking.
I would love to hear with what tools you are working for log analysis and aggregation.
SNMP works well for network devices, not so great in my opinion on windows machines. An agent software like Snare (free) is pretty good and combined with Kiwi Syslog offers a pretty decent syslog system in all.
In terms of log analysis, not familiar with any decent freeware tools besides splunk. You could always learn a scripting language like Perl, which isn't too hard, tons of free tutorials out there, and great for log analysis.