Visitors: 78

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

Keyword program

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Keyword program

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm

I am currently enrolled in the DF program in Champlain and have hit a snag in my assignment. I have found a list of keywords in a Word Doc and there are about 35 different keywords. I was wondering if there is a program that can list all of the passwords found and enter them into the password document in question until the correct keyword is found?

Any help would be appreciated.  

Sukuri33

Re: Keyword program

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 pm

AccessData PRTK and Elcomsoft Advanced Office Password Recovery will both take a dictionary attack from a word list, however I am guessing as a student you need free, so check out FREE Word and Excel password recovery Wizard.  

BitHead

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you very much I will look at it now.  

Sukuri33

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 am

If you really only have 35 possibilities, it would be just as quick to copy paste them by hand. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

If it was a very old Word doc there are tools to directly extract the password, without a word list. New documents need a word list or a brute force attack. In addition to the above suggestions, OSForensics will also do this.  

Passmark

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 1