±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
· Browser Anti Forensics
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
· Forensics Europe Expo 2014 – Recap
· Windows Logon Password – Get Windows Logon Password using Wdigest in Memory Dump
· Windows Forensics and Security
±Follow Forensic Focus
digital forensics related uni trips
As part of the society we are hoping to go on several trips however looking around there aren't many related trips that we can go on. Is anyone aware of anywhere we could go, ie seminars or museums that may be appropriate?
- Site Admin
- jamieHave you considered a visit to Bletchley Park? I believe they offer special tours for academic groups.
There is also on display at the Science Museum in London:
the analytical engine by Charles Babbage (model built from the ground up only in the 1990's):
among other interesting memorabilia, including assertedly a few original pieces of a Colossus (the actual ones were destroyed/dismantled and the one at Bletchley Park is a replica).
The documented work to rebuild the Colossus at Bletchley Park is worth in itself some attention:
Some pieces of the original (never finished) differential engine by Babbage are in Oxford at the Museum of the History of Science (BTW another place which is well worth some time to visit IMHO):
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member