±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 1
±Follow Forensic Focus
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
digital forensics related uni trips
As part of the society we are hoping to go on several trips however looking around there aren't many related trips that we can go on. Is anyone aware of anywhere we could go, ie seminars or museums that may be appropriate?
- Site Admin
- jamieHave you considered a visit to Bletchley Park? I believe they offer special tours for academic groups.
There is also on display at the Science Museum in London:
the analytical engine by Charles Babbage (model built from the ground up only in the 1990's):
among other interesting memorabilia, including assertedly a few original pieces of a Colossus (the actual ones were destroyed/dismantled and the one at Bletchley Park is a replica).
The documented work to rebuild the Colossus at Bletchley Park is worth in itself some attention:
Some pieces of the original (never finished) differential engine by Babbage are in Oxford at the Museum of the History of Science (BTW another place which is well worth some time to visit IMHO):
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member