Overall: 27212
Visitors: 92

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

MSc in Digital Forensics (leading uni's)???

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next 

MSc in Digital Forensics (leading uni's)???

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am

I was just wondering if anyone could share a list of leading universities in the US and the UK that provide MSc in Digital Forensics.  

CopyRight

Re: MSc in Digital Forensics (leading uni's)???

Post Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 am

It is still rare to find a proper digital forensics undergraduate, let alone graduate degree in the US.

Try the following, and narrow by the "programs".
nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/  

jhup

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Champlain College in Vermont has an online MSc In Digital Forensic Science. It is an accelerated program with 8 week semesters. I have taken a few courses already and learned a lot. All of the students in your classes will be professionals in the field. This was great for someone new to the field as I learned a great deal from the more experienced students. More info can be found here if you are interested: Champlain

Dan  

dra52091

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:32 pm

kastriot

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Can you share what classes, as I have a friend who is just finishing his final with them, and it was disappointing.

- dra52091
Champlain College in Vermont has an online MSc In Digital Forensic Science. It is an accelerated program with 8 week semesters. I have taken a few courses already and learned a lot. All of the students in your classes will be professionals in the field. This was great for someone new to the field as I learned a great deal from the more experienced students. More info can be found here if you are interested: Champlain

Dan

jhup

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Edinburgh Napier University in Scotland offers an MsC with great modules where you can learn a lot about security and forensics.

Advanced Security and Digital Forensics MsC  

nikatsam

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:28 pm

- jhup
Can you share what classes, as I have a friend who is just finishing his final with them, and it was disappointing.
I would agree with your friend. For as highly as Champlain touts itself the online program is glorified self-study of dated material. If you have any experience in the field consider yourself lucky to get anything more than a piece of paper.  

BitHead

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 3
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next