±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 2
±Follow Forensic Focus
· TSFIC 2015 – Recap
· TDFCon 2015 – Recap
· Acquiring Windows PCs
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from iCloud
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
Metropolitan Police Digital Forensics Specialists via Agency
The Metropolitan Police Service is undergoing a major change programme which includes a significant change in the way we deliver digital forensics services.
In the future operating model, the Digital and Electronics Forensic Service (DEFS) will offer three levels of service:
1. Self service for investigating officers using a digital forensic kiosk which will be placed in key locations such as custody suites.
2. Digital Forensic hubs, small labs spread across London that are staffed by technicians and will undertake digital forensic processes and assist investigating officers in the use of digital forensic kiosks
3. Central Digital Forensic laboratory where complex casework will be undertaken as well as research and development activities including the development of new tools and techniques.
The principle is to provide rapid examination of digital devices to enable investigations to progress without unnecessary delays.
To support the implementation of this new operating model, we are looking for two (2) Senior Digital Forensics Specialists for a period of 18 months.
The roles will be responsible for undertaking technical related activities for all areas of Digital Forensics, including Triage, Mobile/ Smart Devices and Computer Forensics, such as:
• Writing technical documents relating to ISO 17025 in:
o Auditing and
• Writing procedure and process documents
• Reviewing and developing processes, systems and design.
• Reviewing and writing Statements of Requirement
• Documenting services.
• Writing business cases.
• Liaising with customers in the organisation.
You will be dedicated to the Implementation Team and working to the Senior Leadership Team within DEFS and the Directorate of Forensic Services.
Degree in a relevant technical discipline or significant experience (must be evidenced).
• Extensive experience in the digital forensic area
• A technical understanding of the equipment/ tools/processes used in digital forensics
• Experience of technical report writing
• Ability to analyse data to support business cases
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Understanding of rules regarding evidence gathering and its presentation at court.
• Working knowledge of relevant legal issues (CPIA, PACE and Human Rights Act etc).
Core / generic:
• Writing documentation
• Analysis of data in support of business cases
• Liaising with customers
• Varied tasks involved in implementation of major organisational change in digital forensic area
• Work in partnership with Department of Forensic Services and DEFS managers to develop and deliver change
• Manage workload
• Work individually and within a team to meet organisational objectives
• Ensure compliance with quality management systems
• Comply with all Health and Safety obligations
All applications/ CV’s to be emailed to Maheen Mohammadally at:
maheen.mohammadally @ met.pnn.police.uk
Questions/ queries can also be emailed to this address, or call 020 7230 0169.
Candidates must be aware that Reed is the Met registered supplier of all Agency staff, so candidates must be registered/ willing to register with Reed before any formal offer can be made.
- Senior Member