±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 8
±Follow Forensic Focus
· Evidence Acquisition and Analysis from iCloud
· TSFIC 2015 – Myrtle Beach 31st May – 3rd June
· Forensics Europe Expo 2015 – Recap
· Capturing RAM Dumps and Imaging eMMC Storage on Windows Tablets
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
Best certs for UK
Can anyone recommend a good solid CF cert that is not software specific and is relevant in the UK?
The MSC's look good, but won't fit in with work & family.
- bitznpczMost of the ones I have seen such as SANS 408 and CCE seem to cover US law rather than the UK legal system.
CCE -- as far as I remember it -- may have some questions on US law, but not to the extent that you absolutely have to know about it to pass. The focus is on being able to do an investigation.
Much the same thing with SANS 408 (or more correctly GCFE -- FOR408 is the course), though that course has changed quite a bit since I took it.
I'd recommend CCE, as you have to pass three practical exams and write comprehesive and understandable reports on them to pass. Nothing like that in the GIAC cert. Neither of the certifications require recertification -- i.e. you can 'refresh' the cert without taking a new exam -- which unfortunately places them somewhat below the level of quality that I would like to see.
- Senior Member
Tony Patrick, B. Inf Tech, CFCE
- Senior Member