±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 5
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
Best certs for UK
Can anyone recommend a good solid CF cert that is not software specific and is relevant in the UK?
The MSC's look good, but won't fit in with work & family.
- bitznpczMost of the ones I have seen such as SANS 408 and CCE seem to cover US law rather than the UK legal system.
CCE -- as far as I remember it -- may have some questions on US law, but not to the extent that you absolutely have to know about it to pass. The focus is on being able to do an investigation.
Much the same thing with SANS 408 (or more correctly GCFE -- FOR408 is the course), though that course has changed quite a bit since I took it.
I'd recommend CCE, as you have to pass three practical exams and write comprehesive and understandable reports on them to pass. Nothing like that in the GIAC cert. Neither of the certifications require recertification -- i.e. you can 'refresh' the cert without taking a new exam -- which unfortunately places them somewhat below the level of quality that I would like to see.
- Senior Member
Tony Patrick, B. Inf Tech, CFCE
- Senior Member